Saturday, December 18, 2010

K2 Cinch CTC

2 of my brothers apparently always wanted to try the K2 Cinch CTC binding but never purchased it before because the bindings have always been pretty pricey and still is.  The concept of the Cinch is suppose to be the best of both worlds and what that means is the Cinch is a hybrid of both the traditional strap bindings and the easy in and out back entry of the Flow bindings.  I think it is an excellent compromise but K2 failed at making it perfect because the ratchets are poorly made and very stiff to pull in and out.  If K2 wants to perfect the hybrid then they need to spend more time and money on a better ratchet system regardless of the amount of use of the actual ratchet itself because you won't be fiddling with the ratchet much but you still have to customized the ratchet to your set preference.  I was able to grab the Cinch on sale so now my oldest brother can pass his old Flow binding to my little brother because he was in need of a better fitting binding since his binding was a large and even though he wants a Cinch, he would gladly settle for a Flow.  Personally, I prefer traditional bindings but that's just me.


K2 Cinch CTC 2010




No comments: