Sunday, November 10, 2013

Haiyan Typhoon Changes Course

I didn't really follow the news surrounding the Haiyan typhoon until I overhead at a party that the typhoon was heading towards my island but luckily averted and changed course. If it had hit the island then the whole population would have died because there is nowhere to hide and nowhere to go since the closet place around would be a 6 hour boat ride to the mainland but only if conditions allowed the trek. The last resort option would be to pay for a chartered helicopter but even that is not an easy task since you need special permission but luckily my parents were able to hitch a ride one time when they were stuck on the island due to typhoon season. Last I heard, the death toll was around 1,600 Filipinos but now I hear the estimate could be over 10,000 because like 5,000 was from one island alone. Catastrophe after catastrophe and this is all because of what mankind has done to the world. The end of civilization would either be brought on by either mankind or the impact that mankind has done to nature.

No comments: